Diving center in Mataró
Come to our sustainable diving center only 30 km from Barcelona and enjoy the Mediterranean sea.
MedDive Mataró is only 30km away from Barcelona and well connected, eaither with public transports (bus and train) as for private transportation (we have areas to park close to our dive center).
All our dives are in different sites of the “Mataró Bars” (also called the “Underwater roman road”). These so-called bars are natural rocky structures at different depths (from 7 to 40m deep) and parallel to the coast, so adapted to all diving levels. As they are surrounded by sand with Posidonia, the rocky bars enhance a great deal of diversity: moray eels, congers, seahorses, barracudas, lobsters, butterfly rays, Eagle rays, Spanish dancers, nudibranchs, and lots of fish!
A great number of our dives are included in the Special Conservation Zone for Posidonia oceanica meadows, a Mediterranean endemic plant, that encounters a high level of biodiversity among their leafs and rhizomes, while “cleaning” the CO2 from our planet and capturing sediments.
We are the Spanish reference of Reef Check Med Spain thanks to our facilities, courses quality and philosophy PADI 5 Star IDC Center.
. In all courses we teach and insist on how to properly respect the environment, as this is very important to us.
At head of the MedDive team you will find Carla Huete, PhD in Marine Biology who guides our route: Sustainable headquarters and facilities, sustainable and slow diving, participating in several environmental projects like Biosphere, PADI GoGreen, ReefCheckMed, Seawatchers, and more…
In addition, Carla always gives biological information on all dives and resolves any doubts that may arise apart from advising guides, books or experts related to the sector that may be of interest.
Here you can see some of the certifications we have or associations to which we belong to support sustainable diving and strive for the preservation of our oceans.
Courses and experiences
All our PADI courses and experiences include all the educational and technical material you will need, insurance, dive equipment and the use of our 5 Star PADI facilities. We offer a multilingual engagement being able to teach in 5 languages: Spanish, Catalan, English, French and Italian.
We are open all year around!
Choose your service and write us below the info table to book your experience
DSD (Discover Scuba Diving)
- Your first diving experience by the hand of instructors full of experience.
- Pool experience: 60 euros
- Boat experience: 85 euros
- You already have a dive certificate but it’s a long time since you last dove…and you want to refresh your knowledge and recover the feeling of diving, this is your course! Includes a theory session and 2 boat dives as well as all the equipment needed. *We are open to your needs and suggestions
- If you are not very confident and you want to dive always with an instructor by your side (maximum depth of -12m), this is the course for you! Includes theory, pool and 1 boat dive, insurance and equipment.
OWD (Open Water Diver)
- You will arrive to places underwater you never imagined! Includes theory, pool and 3 boat dives as well as all the equipment needed. This is the beginning of a safe lifelong adventure!
AOWD (Advanced Open Water Diver):
- Go a bit further and deeper, improving your skills and diving techniques. Includes 5 adventures where deep dive and navigation are mandatory while you can choose the other three from a long list of PADI. We normally recommend buoyancy, search and recovery, night dive, species identification, nitrox…but you call it!
- Is there something underwater that attracts you more? Do you want to learn a bit more about something? Do you want to grow as diver? We have more than 20 specialties to choose from! Ask us!
Emergency Frist Response (EFR)
- Learn how to apply first response and CPR as well as to provide oxygen in the case of a medical emergency until the sanitary professionals arrive!
- Act efficiently under the water and on the surface, helping yourself and others in the case of need or respond correctly to possible emergencies while diving.
- The first step to have your passion or hobby turn into you lifestyle and work. You will be able to guide groups of divers, assist in courses or even lead discover scuba diving experiences.
For certified diversCome and enjoy the "Mataró Bars" with us
- Dive trip (includes tank, weights and boat) – 30€
- Night dives (for advanced dives or higher), tuesdays and saturdays- 40€
- Day for full equipment rental (fins, booties, wetsuit, BCD, Reg, mask, dive computer, buoy, cutting device) – 20€
- Daily dive insurance – 6€ / Annual insurance with DAN – 35€
- We also have special prices for groups or very interesting diving packs… Ask us!
Send us your query or make your reservation from this form and we will answer you as soon as possible